- Dynamic simulation of processes and process control systems
- Advanced process control feasibility and design studies
- Controllability, operability, performance studies, and troubleshooting
- MATLAB/Simulink process control applications engineering and training
- SPC and neural networks process control applications and training
- Physical properties and thermodynamics tools for MATLAB and Simulink
We work with clients to undertake or assist them with the development, performance-analysis, and economic justification of process and control system designs and enhancements for existing and new petrochemical or other processes; including MATLAB based Computer Aided Control System Design where appropriate. Simulink based services include simulation building from our own, or client's own, library models; developing new models; and model translation and conversion. Past applications include steam boiler/distribution plant; large gas compression systems; chemical reaction/catalyst-recycle processes, novel oil/gas/water separation processes, and slugging flow. MATLAB versions of established thermodynamics and physical properties tools have been developed for both design calculations and rigorous Simulink modeling, and are available.
Kelvin Hales Associates Ltd.